What is happeningggg?! Hmmm, well! So we could effectively deep clean the "old house" without tons of toys and clutter in the way and then KEEP the house clean for listing/showing/selling, we decided it would be best to pack everything up and bail! Brian's brother has a bachelor pad juuuust down the street, and it just so happens to be vacant. He so very kindly opened his door to us so we could crash there for a few months during the transition. Saving grace who? Yep Uncle Gar, that's you! The kids love Uncle Garett's pad and settled in just fine:
...minus that Scarlett fell off her little setup here after snoozing atop it all night and had to downgrade to the Pack 'n Play the next night...
...but she lived to tell the story and came back with a smile on her face, so meh! No biggie.
More days than not, we traipsed back over to the "old house" to pack more junk and scrub EVERYTHING. The kids have become pros at window washing [I finally taught them how to use the Norwex rags after several sessions/smearings with baby wipes...], and Harper stays close to Daddy telling him he's doing a great job with this and that and everything in between! Oh, and then this: by some super-human act of God, Brian tore down the .E.N.T.I.R.E. deck and raised it again in 3 days... BY HIMSELF, at that!!! I literally could not believe my eyes. He was just planning to replace the staircase that had started rotting out, but he just kept going...and going...and going...
Me: "I can't believe you just built that whole thing this weekend..."
Brian: ...so nonchalantly... "Well, somebody's gotta do it."
^^ Looks amazing, I must say!!!
After Mr. Fix-It was finished with all his projects and all the sawdust settled, we just had a few more things to do: storm through the house for the final cleaning sesh and paint the living room wall! Thanks, Mom, for your help! We are a power team; we rocked it!
Not sure I even believe this because it still seems so surreal, but this baby will be on the market NEXT WEEK!
Wahhhhhh!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.