Rewind to December!
*****
One night when she got caught playing in her room after bedtime:
Brian: "You know how I knew you were up out of your bed?"
Harper: "How?"
Brian: "Because I heard the elf scribbling your name on the bad list!"
Harper: "...........But I didn't heard him saying I was naughty?"
The next day, while talking to Grammy on FaceTime:
"'Da elf didn't move today because Daddy didn't go to bed and he was naughty! But maybe if Daddy is good tonight then the elf will fly to the North Pole and tell Santa that Daddy is a good boy!"
As we were finishing the final few Santa plates [on #35 of 38, to be exact!]:
"I fink Santa's tummy is gonna be RULLY full."
As Scarlett was watching Harper stir her hot chocolate:
Harper: "Noooo, Sissy... You can't have this because you are too small. Babies can't have hot chocolate because they will spill it all over their shirts. But Mommy, maybe when Sissy gets older we can give her some hot chocolate in a sippy cup?"
Me: "Yes and babies can't have it because it has too much sugar and isn't healthy!"
Harper: "Yep. That's right!" *chug chug*
After I put on a sweater/tunic:
"Mommy, your shirt is so long it's touching your butt! It's ok though, you will grow in 'da it."
At bedtime:
"Wet me tell you a story. On Sunnnnnnday, Daddy goed to 'da new house and he builded a roof on our house all by himself. 'Den he got RULLY firsty so he drinked two lemonades. Our house is lookin' good, but it still has a lottttt of buildin' 'da do!"
At home after chickening out at her first haircut:
Harper: "Wellllll, I DO want a haircut, but I jus' want you to cut it at home."
Me: "No, Mommy doesn't know how to do that. We need to go to the salon."
Harper: "Welllllllllllllll, 'da s'lon is too scary."
Me: "What? Why's it scary? Wasn't it fun to sit in that chair and wear the cool cape...?"
Harper: "'Cause that lady with 'da scissors might cut my eyeballs out!"
As I was serving leftover chicken to the kids on Ash Wednesday:
"Well, Mommy, you can eat this! It's not meat, it's JUST a bird, Mom..."
"I hope the dentist says I don't have a lot of scums on my teeth, I hope."
While driving past a church with a Jesus statue outside:
"Maybe someday we could go see the real Jesus and we will say, 'Thank you, Jesus, for making us and thank you for making us hel-fee [healthy]! Because we don't want to be sick or have a bee-sease [disease].' Mommy, is that Jesus at Grammy's church the real one?"
As she was playing in the basement:
"After Easter day you know what's gonna happen?! .....*biggest smile ever*.....It's gonna be SANTA WEEK!"
After seeing the Easter Bunny:
"Doesn't the Bunny Easter get sweaty in those hot clothes? He didn't have any clothes on that I felt in there, actually..."
"Scarlett! Don't you dare get outta 'dat chair 'else you will fall and get nails in your head!"
On Easter Eve:
"I hope the Easter Bunny doesn't try to tickle me when I'm sleeping! But I DO hope he leaves us some more little toys and LOTS of treats!"
After her brand new bouncy ball went rolling away down the street:
Grammy: "Harper, don't ever run out in the parking lot or street after a ball, ok? It's very dangerous, and we can always buy another ball."
Harper: "No Grammy! 'Cause that would be too 'pensive!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.