Tuesday, December 19, 2017

- Christmassssstime is here... -

.....so fa-la-la-la-laaaaa, la-la-la-LA!

Newsflash: I'm super behind on archiving life [I know, so shocking!].   But Harper jetted off to "Coddo-rado" for a couple days with Grammy and Papa, so today's shaping up to be the day to catch it alllll up; and FREEDOM OF SPEECH be mine!!! And just plain ole' freedom, too. Current situation: lounging at Panera with a steaming latte, feeling a tiny bit guilty that I'm not home washing newborn clothes ...or furiously deep cleaning the house before baby arrives ...or tying all the final strings on Christmas plans/gifts/festivities ...BUT, I realized that this is my first full day to myself [I mean, not working at the hospital or hanging out with Harp...like legit .T.O. .M.Y.S.E.L.F.] in 2.75 years and will probably be the last full day for another 2.75+ years so! I think I'm about to order a couple boxes of newborn diapers via Amazon Prime and call it a wash.  Bring on alllll the guilty pleasure, 'cause I'mma soak it up rull good.

[[And welcome to the motherload of my long mother-effing posts... You're a saint if you survive this one!]]

Thanksgiving came and went and we hopped right into the Christmas spirit! Black Friday shopping is/was a thing of the past [because I become extremely short of breath just moving from the recliner to the kitchen table and SO ...regardless of the killer sales... busy stores and pushing/shoving to the hottest items and long lines did not appease this year], but off to a local Christmas festival we went! Uncle Mo had his petting zoo here, and Harper lovedddd feeding the goats! 
Decorating the house for Christmas was soon to follow! Harper was a very good helper this year, although she refused to change out of her mismatched pajamas all weekend! :) 
 ..."Oh come let us adore ...and adore and adore and adoreeeee... Him, Chriiiiiiiist the Lord!"  And even a generous portion of birthday cake and a bottle of milk for Baby Jesus!  Holidays with toddlers: my absolute favorite!!!
Next up: Wild Lights at the Zoo!  Continuing the Christmas festivities in spirit and style AND not complaining about the typical 50-degree midwest winter weather... Thanks for the invite, Kate!
And then came the Croatian Lodge Christmas party + annual pics with Santa Claus:
...which was a HUGE improvement from the Santa pics last year! :)

Happy birthday, [Great] Grandma!!! We hope this year will be your best one yet! 
Let's see; what else, what elseeeee??? Oh, yes, the POLAR EXPRESS!!! Allllll aboard the choo-choo train!
This was soooo much fun; I wondered if Harper would maybe be too little to enjoy it or understand the "ride" to the North Pole, but I'm so happy we ordered tickets. The cast on the train was amazing and kept us laughing and singing and on our toes for the entire ride.  Highly recommend to any family looking for a fun Christmas adventure!!!

Factor in a little Christmas season crafting...
 ...and Christmas season baking...

...and it'll lead ya' straight to some Christmas season exhaustion! 
^^ This is juuuust about my current mood, too, so signing off for now!  It seems so crazy that Christmas Day will be here in T minus SIX days; wishing you and yours all the joy and peace and love of the most wonderful time of the year!!! :-*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.