Saturday, August 19, 2017

- SO MANY Strawberriesss -

We've been scarfing strawberries from Aldi lately which is all fine and well, BUT!  I just found these throwback pics [from late May, oops!] and my mouth is salivating all over the keyboard just thiiiiinking about how delectable these homegrown, fresh little red beauties were!  Huge shout-out to Kern Family Orchard in Raymond, IL; the family friendly U-pick atmosphere is amazing!  We planned to go for blueberry U-pick and missed it, but I heard the peaches are still in season and I'm hoping we can find time to go again in the next week or so!

 But anyway, these strawberries...
Harper enjoyed picking for about five minutes before she realized she was also permitted to sample the crop...
...and the rest is history! 
Good thing Grammy is an expert farm girl ;) and could replenish the gathering buckets much quicker than Harper could deplete them!
Strawberries for days!  I wish I could say I went home and washed these up to make a strawberry pie or cobbler or shortcake, but nope!  These are legit; and legitimately the BEST strawberries around, so we just ate them right off the stem! *nom nom nom*

Count us in for next season; we'll be bee-lining to U-pick fo' sho'!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.