I love a little snuggle sesh on the couch, but let's get real: ONLY having a couch sucks when a) we have guests over and have to sit in a row like ducklings and turn our heads 180 degrees like owls every other second to keep a normal conversation flowing, and b) when we're trying so hard to watch a good movie but the back person's neck cramps from stacking up the plethora of pillows required to see over the front person's head. And it sucks for lots of other reasons, too, but those are the main two complaints. [Did you follow that? May need to re-read...]
But thankfully George Washington had a birthday and luckily we Americanos still celebrate that day [which btw is always on a Monday and I never quite understood that but - no real sour grapes here]. Even more wonderfulness ensues when you add to the equation that Brian always has that "holiday" off work AND the furniture stores alwayssss have blowout sales! Some president...
A hop, skip, and a jump and off we go galavanting around all the furniture stores in a 60-mile radius. ...After a stop at the coffee shop, because we all know I hate shopping but we all also know I'm an agreeable little minion after a small cup of joe with one cream and two sugars.
But thankfully George Washington had a birthday and luckily we Americanos still celebrate that day [which btw is always on a Monday and I never quite understood that but - no real sour grapes here]. Even more wonderfulness ensues when you add to the equation that Brian always has that "holiday" off work AND the furniture stores alwayssss have blowout sales! Some president...
A hop, skip, and a jump and off we go galavanting around all the furniture stores in a 60-mile radius. ...After a stop at the coffee shop, because we all know I hate shopping but we all also know I'm an agreeable little minion after a small cup of joe with one cream and two sugars.
[PS - ^^ No, thank you for your concern, but I do not suffer from acromegaly; just a bad angle from an amateur photographer named Brian Dean Fleming.]
We shopped at lots of stores and sat in lots of...well, not sure what all these furniture pieces would exactly be classified as...before returning to the first store to buy the first chair we ever sat in. Funny how that works, isn't it?!
Made it home JUST in time to set up the chair and kick it back for a dramatic episode from the worst season EVER of The Bachelor! And I burnt the garlic bread because I forgot for a few minutes that life existed outside of trashy television... Judge me real good.
Brian looks mighty comfy over there... I think I just lost my couch snuggle buddy forever!
In recapping the most important piece of info: Presidents Day is out the window until 2015, but Mondays from 7-9p will remain being the best two hours of my entire week! Because, obvi. Is it next Monday yet? #needmoredramanownownow
Other week highlights:
-- Nothing super noteworthy? ...Besides an oil change at Dobbs. Yipee!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.