Nothing like celebrating Jesus's birthday six times, eh?! We are so blessed that both sides of our family live so close... <---all of which baaasically means lots and lots of celebrating and lots and lots of house hopping on every holiday!
Note: Brian and I aren't huge gift people. We'd rather go on a nice Christmastime date or put "gift money" towards a vacation or help out a family who isn't able to put gifts under the tree for their kids. BUT, in spite of all that, I realllly wanted a new camera [need a new one because a) the mini college one has been dropped a few too many times and isn't making the cut and b) we're finally old and mature and ready to upgrade to something legit!].
...And besides, I've been a really good girl this year [on TOP of not asking for any other gifts AND being a low-maintenance wife all year long!] so I was pretty much positive Santa would bring me a Canon DSLR of some shape or fashion...
...So to cover my bases and not feel like the greedy wife/only spouse opening a gift I got Brian a little something so we could open simultaneously...
Well, I guess my Canon tumbled out of Santa's sleigh or maybe Best Buy was out of stock when the elves went shopping because it suuuure didn't make it under the tree! Husband said I have to wait til my birthday?
What? I was such a good girl...
Sad day!!!
Nonetheless, here is a portrait of the spoiled spouse opening his little gift... :) Christmas #1: Christmas Eve Eve before the housewarming party [just the two of us, at our house, on the night when I was supposed to get that camera...]...
Christmas #3: Christmas Eve at my Grandma's... We went to Mass with Grandma and had dinner and gifts at her house afterwards! I just love these pictures of the newest little cousin Henry! My dad and Steve and all the other uncles loved to snuggle him! Christmas #4: Christmas morning at my parents'... Breakfast and gifts! And I got the fam new plaid pajamas [super steal at Kohl's...couldn't pass it up!] and am super excited that I conned everyone into posing for a cheesy pic. They hate me.
Christmas #5: Lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's... More food and gifts with the added benefit of Marti's wisecracks AND snuggling in front of the fireplace! Brian officially got his name added to the stocking... Welcome to the fam. ;)
Yes, A+ and three stars for noticing that Christmas #2 and #6 are missing... Both were spent with Brian's immediate family and extended family and were nothing short of wonderful! Except everyone in that family tree is into actual sophisticated conversation and doesn't whip out their phone every 30 seconds to take a picture of something [judge me harshly?], so I maturely left my phone in my coat pocket in spite of not being dubbed "THAT in-law." And now the blog is suffering. Just can't win... ;)
Hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas! We are counting and re-counting our blessings and feeling very undeservedly lucky and richly loved this holiday season! :)
Oh, and happy birthday, Jesus!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.