Tuesday, July 18, 2023

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XLII -

Randomly:
Harper:  "Juliette is the LUCKIEST baby ever! She has a dog, the mostest toys ever, she has three sisters, and a brother!"
Me:  "A brother?"
Harper:  "Yeah, the one that got miscarriaged. We think that was a boy, right? Well, I guess it's more like an angel brother."


While driving past a large building in the Esic neighborhood:
"I can't tell if this is a school or a church or a house or an aftercare!"



After 4 completed days of Tutus Tuus [following approximately 4 months of arguing over wardrobes]:
Harper:  "When I get older, I'm not gonna wear crop tops because I want to be like Jesus and He covered His body."
Scarlett:  "No He didnt, Hawpa!  I can see His nipples on the cwoss!"
Juliette, Harper, me: .....


Randomly:
Harper:  "Why can't we have more than one mom?"
Me:  "What do you mean?"
Harper:  "Like if we were born in the 1900s, wouldn't we be born to like five moms?"
Me: .....[#BRB, let me see if I have one mom or five...]



After checking out [with a few things] at Aldi:
"$58??!?! That's A LOT of dollars just to get groceries!" 


Randomly:
Harper:  "Why are gnomes dumb?"
Me:  "Dumb?  I didn't know they were..."
Harper:  "Well they just sit with their hats down snoozin' all day..."



Randomly:
"Did you know we know everyone? All our cousins, friends, besties, aunts, uncles, grandparents......"


While pulling up to Goodwill donation bins:
Me:  "Oh wow, that guy is donating his golf clubs!"
Harper:  "Well he looks old, he looks like he doesn't want to golf anymore."



After watching an episode of The Chosen:
"I wonder how many days it takes to write a Bible?"

 

While driving to a bridal shower: 
Me:  "Oops! I forgot my rings... Oh, well."
Harper: "Well that's no big deal, people know you're married...........since you have kids and everything."
Me: .....



Randomly:
Harper:  "If you and Dad break up, I would be SO MAD at you, because I wouldn't want to have two houses and two sets of stuff.  But people don't really break up anymore like they used to."
Me: .....


While driving home from all-inclusive seats at a Cardinals game:
Me:  "Does anybody have a tummy ache from eating a lot of junk food?"
Harper:  "Excuse me, ma'am!  I did not eat a LOT of junk food.  I just ate the popcorn...and the brownie...and the hot dog...and the nachos...and the Sprite.  So yeah, that's all I ate."
Me, Brian: .....


Randomly while driving:
"Mommy, why are all the towns like Edwardsville and Belleville and Collinsville named after Cruella [DeVil]?"



While talking about adoration:
"You know at adoration how Jesus just sits in that little circle thing?  You know that's not just like a piece of bread in there, it's actually Jesus smiling at you!"


After picking up Arabella from the groomer:
"I don't even care if she rubs her butt on me now, because all her jingleberries [dingleberries] are trimmed off!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.