Today is April 23, 2023; so, needless to say, I'll be backdating this post abouuuut 4 months...
...but gosh, looking back on the photos of how we celebrated Christmas 2022 just fills my heart with joy that we are surrounded and spoiled by family who loves us and our children so deeply and also gratitude that we have the privilege of celebrating the TRUE reason for the season and have a wonderful parish community that walks alongside us as we attune our eyes and hearts to the newborn Christ at Christmastime! Ready the way! We are so blessed to love and be loved.
...and then we were off to Brian's family celebration!
On the way home from Christmas Eve dinner:
Scarlett [excitedly, looking for Santa in the sky and talking 10 miles per minute]: "Santaaaa Claus is coming to town, oh yeah! I see four red lights!!! I think it’s Rudolph! Because he pob-ee [probably] has four lights… He has ONE bright nose! And one light on his back… actually I think I see Santa about to land his sleigh!!!!!"
Harper [matter-of-fact-ly, also looking for Santa in the sky but talking 1/10 of a mile per minute:] "…..Scarlett, that’s a police car."
...But whether he was actually spotted or not, he did make an appearance overnight, and the treasures he left did not disappoint!
Scarlett: "Mom, is Santa a Fleming?"
Me: "No….."
Scarlett: "What is he?"
Me: "……….a Claus?"
Merry Christmas from our family to yours! We wrapped up the Christmas weekend with candlelight adoration at our parish, which was breathtakingly beautiful!
May the love of the newborn Christ fill your homes with light and life!
xoxo




















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.