Tuesday, March 22, 2022

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XXXIII -

Randomly:
Scarlett:  "Daddy, did you get hurt?"
Brian:  "No, why?"
Scarlett:  "Because I wanted to put one of my Peppa Band-Aids on you!"


A few days before her birthday:
Me:  "Scarlett, what do you want for your birthday?"
Scarlett:  "Ummmmm, maybe a belly button-showing shirt?"
Me:  .....



At dinner on same said day ^^:
Brian:  "What would you do if a puppy showed up on the doorstep on your birthday?"
Scarlett, without hesitation:  "POB-EE [probably] give him a dog tweet [treat]!"
Harper:  "But Scarlett, we don't have dog treats..."
Scarlett:  "Well we can buy some, a-memba [remember]?!"

 

Still at dinner:
Me:  "Scarlett, what are you going to do when everyone sings, 'Happy Birthday!' to you?"
Scarlett:  "I am gonna sing, 'Happy Birthday!' to myself wif 'dem!"

 

 

 

On the way to pick up Harper at school:
Scarlett:  "Mommy, where does a hose get all it's wata [water] from?"
Me:  "It's connected to a pipe that the water flows through."
Scarlett:  "Where does 'da wata come from?"
Me: "From a water plant."
Scarlett:  "Ohhh, a plant, I gotcha.  'Den where do all 'da leafs on 'da ground come from?"
Me:  "The trees grew them."
Scarlett:  "Oh.  I fought [thought] 'da trees lost dere [there] leaves."
Me: .....

 

While examining her clip-on earring collection:
Brian: "Which ones can I wear?"
Scarlett:  "Daddddddd!  Boys.  Witer-a-wee [literally].  Don't.  Wear.  Earrings."


While looking at herself in the mirror the night of her 4th birthday:
"I still look 'da same!  But I don't fink [think] I wook [look] AS wittle [little] as I oo-sed [used] to... Wait a second, am I gonna turn free [three] eva' eva' again?!"

 

 

 

While cleaning their room before bed:
Scarlett, the clean sister:  "HAW-PA. COME HELP ME CWEAN UP.  RIGHT NOW! ELSE YOU WILL BE GWOUNDED [grounded] FOR 'DA WEST [rest] OF YO' LIFE!  Come on. CWEAN. Right now!!!"
Harper, the messy sister:  .....


After waking up one morning:
"I fink [think] I will have oint-meal [oatmeal] for breakfast!"


While drinking a fancy cocktail of cranberry juice + Sprite:
Scarlett:  "When I drink 'dis juice and 'prite it makes my 'agina [vagina] feel wee-yud [weird]!"
Brian, Harper, me:  .....



A few hours after getting her 4-year-old shots:
"I fink [think] I have a broken bone because I can't wheely [really] walk very good!"


A full day after said shots ^^ and limping around for 24+ hours:
"Mommy, I am feeling betta [better] but dose [those] shots WHEEEELY [really] got me!"


While playing with her Barbies:
"Yeah, yeah, yeahhhhhh I KNOWWW, is the reason we can't come pway [play] at yo' house is because we have COH-VIDDDD and we are co-wen-teening [quarantining] so we don't get anybody else sick, ok?  ...But maybe we can pway next week, 'dat be ok?"



Randomly:
Scarlett:  "What does, 'I wuv [love] you!' mean?"
Me:  "It means you really like someone and you care about them."
Scarlett:  "Oh. Well I telled Ms. Nicole that I wuved her."
Me:  "Aw, that's nice! And what did she say?"
Scarlett:  "She sayed, "I wuv you too, Scah-lett!"


At 10:06pm:
"Is Santa sleeping by now?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.