Tuesday, January 18, 2022

- VAY-CAY FOR ALL -

I think I've already droned on about this week of "VACATION FOR ALL!" once [or twice] in another post [or two], but I can't find it now and so!  Here we are about three months later to rehash it alllll out and plaster photos all over 'da World Wide Web that literally no one except ME will ever enjoy looking back on!   

Lesssss go!

When Brian's sisters planned a family vacation to the Smokey Mountains for ~4 weeks after I was due with Baby F. #3, my initial reaction was, "OH HELL TO THE NO."  But after 3.7 minutes of contemplation and realization that the baby and I wouldn't necessarily have to go along and this vacation may actually provide a much needed "break" for all parties involved [in the form of a) Brian being able to take the two older girls on a week-long adventure to a cabin with all of their cousins and b) me being able to stay home in peace and quiet with a newborn], I quickly changed my tune.  SIGN. US. UP! 

Long story short:  Harper and Scarlett had an absolute blast, and the photos I received every day from my sisters-in-law [and even, to my surprise, a handful from my father-in-law and husband!] are here to prove it...








...and Juliette and I had our own "absolute blast" in the form of uninterrupted snuggles in the recliner alllll day every day [after we partied alllll night every night!] which -- TBH -- is our happy place x2!  I had a fairly long to-do list that I was planning on checking off super easily while 60% of the family was out of sight/not out of mind, but turns out I sort of underestimated how much the baby and I wouldn't be sleeping between the hours of 10pm - 7am and so!  Naps all day every day be ours, and there was absolutely no shame in our game!




And then!  After a week of separation:

REUNITED, AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!  [Did Juliette miss her big sisters more than they missed her?!  ...It remains a mystery!]  I loved the memories we made apart, but definitely love even more being able to have my hubby and babies ALL under one roof!  <3

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.