Monday, May 24, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XXI -

Before she was headed off to a sleepover at Grammy and Papa's:
Grammy:  "Scarlett, give your Mommy a kiss goodbye!"
Scarlett:  *gives kiss*
Grammy:  "Give the baby a kiss goodbye!"
Scarlett:  "Wellllll, I don't know where 'da bebe's yips [lips] are..."


While driving past a cemetery:
"'Dere's alllllll 'da people 'dat died!"



One evening:
Scarlett:  "Why you got a bee-yuh [beer]?"
Brian:  "Because I want to drink a beer and watch TV and snuggle by you on the couch!"
Scarlett:  "Well you can't drink TOOOOO MANY BEE-YUHS, else you will get sick."
Brian:  "Ok..."
Scarlett:  "Why doesn't 'dat bee-yuh have a yid [lid] on it?"
Brian:  "Because I'm drinking it."
Scarlett:  "Well why don't you take a yitta [little] drink 'den put 'da yid back on?"
Brian:  ".....That's not how you drink a beer, bro."
Scarlett:  "Oh."


While scratching her cheek:
Scarlett:  "What 'dis fing [thing] 'dat won't come off?"
Me:  "Is it a little pimple?"
Scarlett: "No. Guhs [girls] don't get pim-puhs, only boys."

 


 

At 9:20 pm, staring at her full dinner plate from 5:30pm:
Scarlett:  "Daddy, I am hun-ga-ree [hungry], but I not feelin' yike [like] eatin' my dinna."
Brian:  ".....So just a normal night, then."


During an OB visit:
"Why 'dat docta' got a step-a-cope [stethoscope]?"


On the way home from school drop-off [at 7:40am]:
"Mommy, when we get home, can we bof' [both] eat an ice cweam sham-wish [sandwich]?"



While driving and approaching a stop sign:
"MOM!  'Dere is a 'top sign right 'dere, you know 'dat?"


After passing a flooded field:
"Is 'dat a yake [lake]?"


Proudly shout/screamed from the living room as the rest of the family is in the kitchen:
"I JUS' HAD A TOOTIE, GUYS!!!"

 


 

One morning as we're trying to plan our day:
Me:  "Harper needs some new clothes... I wonder if Old Navy has any sales going on right now?"
Scarlett:  "Yeah, I wonda' too..."


After passing a house that burnt down recently:
"'Dere's 'da burnt house!  I wish somebody could wiv [live] 'dere, but it's all burned up...  But YOOK [look]!  'Da trees didn't burn down be-cuh [because] 'dey are big and 'trong [strong].  ...But it's ok if houses burn down be-cuh at yeast [least] 'da people are safe and you can ah-ways [always] buy a-nudduh [another] one."


While in line at Starbucks one Saturday:
"Daddy ah-ways [always], ah-ways, AH-WAYSSS gets on a po' [phone] call when we in wine [line] at 'Tarbucks after we take Hawpie to school."



 On the way to Harper's T-ball practice:
"A COURSE, when we get to T-ball, Hawpie can't wear her sungwasses, be-cuh 'dats 'da rules to not wear sungwasses or bwacelets or wings [rings]."

 

Randomly:
Scarlett:  "Why did God make me yike [like] 'dis?"
Me:  "Because He wanted to make something really special, so he made you!"
Scarlett:  "Yeah, because we are yike His wo-bots [robots]."
Me:  .....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.