Wednesday, February 17, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XVI -

Three days after having a flu shot, randomly:
"When you die do you still have to get flu shots in Heaven?"

 

After studying Christopher Columbus at school:
"He kept sailing and sailing and sailing and they had no airplanes so it took a hundred days.  Then they came to a beautiful island and then they got out there and had a happily beautiful day!  And then they stayed there for a hundred years, anyway..."

 


While driving to Grammy and Papa's:
Me:  "Look at all the beautiful trees!"
Harper:  "Yeah, but soon they'll be naked!" 


Before Halloween:
Harper:  "Alexa, has there been any punkins that light up on their own at Halloween?"
Alexa:  "I'm sorry, I'm not sure."

 

 

 

Before school one morning:
"I think Sissy laid on the wrong side of the bed because she woke up realllllly cranky!"

 

While circling her wish list in the Amazon catalog:
"Will Santa give me all the things I want?"

 

As Brian was [very proudly] laying the very last tile on the kitchen backsplash:
"Daddy's wall looks HORRIBLE right now because of all that dust and splatters and mess and stuff..." 

 



While watching a Christmas movie:
Me:  "There's Mrs. Claus!"
Harper:  "How do you know her name?"
Me:  "It's Santa's wife."
Harper:  "Wait! He's married?!? Why doesn't he have a ring on then?"

 

During dinner:
Harper:  "Daddy, did you know that Bridget has an ex-boyfriend?! It was before I was born! And his name is ____!"
Brian:  "Interesting..."



Randomly during December:
"Has Santa ever been sick and missed Christmas?"


Before bedtime:
"Mommy!  If you touch Twinkle Toes's hat, he still moves at night time!  Isn't THAT incredible for our elf?!  'Cause I'm sure no one else's elf does that."



On Christmas Eve:
"Where was Santa born?  And what about the Easter Rabbit?"


On Christmas morning:
"The milk is gone...the cookies are gone...there are two notes and A MILLION presents!!!"

 

As she pulled more cheetah attire out of her stocking:
"I have been wanting a cheetah shirt for years!!!"



On the first snow day of the year [in February]:
"I can't believe we're having a snow day and it's not on Christmas Eve!"

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.