Just found these gems on a note on my phone, and they're too sweet not to share! Rewind to summer 2019!
**********
[Over the summer] while looking at her Tupperware container full of lightening bugs after I accidentally closed the lid over one's head:
"Awwwwwww, that's sad, one of the bugs broke his ears off!"
As Scarlett was holding a lightening bug:
"Scarlett! You need 'da go outside and let him go so he can fly and doesn't get scared!"
While examining a different lightening bug that she had trapped inside a Ziploc bag for a few days:
Harper: "I think he stopped lighting up because he's scared..."
Me: "Hunny, I think he's dead."
Harper: "No, Mommy, he's just scared. But he said he wants to sleep with me so when I'm scared in the middle of the night in the dark he can light up for me."
Later on, in reference to same said [dead] lightening bug:
"Daddy, I think the lightening but is hungry and we need to put some food in his bag!"
While driving to school:
Me: "Mannnn, I'm really tired. I need some coffee today!"
Harper: "Yes, 'else you will be crabby!"
Me: "Yes....."
Harper: "Sometimes when I don't drink hot chocolate in the mornings, I get crabby. Sometimes. But not that much."
While drawing a very intricate family portrait:
"Does Scarlett have eyebrows yet?"
As Brian was laying hardwood floor at our new house:
Me: "Let's go, we have to buy Daddy some knee pads and bring them back to the house."
Harper: "So if Daddy falls down he won't hurt his knees?"
Randomly:
Harper: "Mommy, when I was in your tummy did I kick you every day?"
Me: "Yes, EVERY day!"
Harper: "Do you know why I did that? It was because I was hungry and I wanted you to feed me!"
Me: "Oh, I fed you alright..."
Harper: "Yeah, and I was always hungry and you had to eat all the healthy food so my brain grew big!"
After letting a grasshopper out of her bug box so he could live outside:
"Well Scar, now we sadly don't have a bug!"
While rubbing my [stubbly] legs:
"Hairs are growing in you! Need 'da shave so they're smooth, Mom. See, feel my legs, they're soft and smooth!"
While pulling in the driveway at Garett's:
Me: "Actually, let's park on the street tonight so Daddy can have the driveway when he gets home really late."
Harper: "Yep, that would be a better choice, Mom!"
Randomly:
"Mommy, I was thinking that moles aren't really cute because they're just all brown. But that's just how God made everyone! And in the world, we have lots of people because that's the way God made us all different!"
While driving in the car:
Harper: "Ew! A booger!"
Me: "Gross! Did you wipe it in the Kleenex you have back there?"
Harper: "No, I already 'frowed it on your car seat because that seat is already dirty with mud and stuff. Your car is so junky, Mom... You need 'da clean it!"
When caught in a daze:
Me: "You're looking tired..."
Harper: "No, my eyes were just stuck on something."
Randomly:
"When I grow up, I will marry my boyfriend!"





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.