Friday, December 20, 2019

- Chicken Day 2019 -

And juuuuuust when you think you have me all figured out...

...I swoop right in to throw a dirty wrench in the plan!  Everyone who knows me well knows my T-Day traditions run strong [click link above if you're not brushed up on my predictable preferences]...

But!  Due to having no cable/antenna at the duplex this year, we had to suffer through Thanksgiving morning without tuning into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

And!  Since we very luckily snagged a newspaper + sales ads on Thanksgiving Eve, Brian didn't want to venture out and make the trek to Starbucks...

OH NOOO, say it ain't so!  

However!  After finding some festive holiday music on Pandora and brewing up some coffee in the pot, we carried on like #nbd and still enjoyed our Thanksgiving morning together to the VERY fullest extent!  Nothing better than uninterrupted quality time with the nuclear fam! ;)
As Brian and I were browsing through the paper, the kids snatched up some toy ads and decided to make a "wish list" for Santa.  Only 70% of Scarlett's circled wishes made it onto the ad [the others somehow scribbled onto the hardwood floor, so thank goodness for lemon essential oil to remove!].  Hopefully Santa can provide; these two have some hefty hopes!
Then, per usual, we bolted off to celebrate the holiday with family!  Harper was so excited to arrive to the parties and wish everyone a "HAPPY CHICKEN DAY!" ...which we corrected to "Happy Turkey Day!"  [The well wishes were also extended to all of her friends at school and all of the shoppers at Schnucks the week prior to Thanksgiving ...#socialbutterfly who is #nothermommasdaughter but #idigress.]

Thanks to Brian's aunt and uncle for hosting lunch and my aunt and uncle for hosting dinner.  We loved spending the day with all of the people we love the most!
^^ My mom started this family tablecloth several years ago [I thought its debut was 2012 or 2013, but I couldn't find our signatures from way back when so clearly my memory is failing me yet again!].  Still, I love looking back at this and finding our names from each year; it's so weird to think we signed "Baby Fleming" and "Baby Fleming #2" and I had no idea at the time I was toting around a little Harper and a little Scarlett! :)

And 16 hours later, thattttttt's a wrap!  Happy Thanksgiving, all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.