Sunday, January 6, 2019

- Spreading Christmas Cheer -

I never got around to posting about this before Christmas, but wanted to update everyone who purchased a Santa plate to help us raise money to adopt a family this year.  My sister-in-law and her kiddos wanted to join in the cause, so they made and sold some delicious cake pops. We gathered all the cash from both of our projects and hit up Target!
It was a little chaotic chasing four kids through the toy section and trying to maneuver two cart fulls of stuff, but we got it accomplished!
After a little frozen pizza and a lot of wrapping...
...we met the St. Vincent de Paul coordinator in town and filled her car with gifts for the family we were assigned.
I don't know the family personally and I probably never will meet them either, but I think of and pray for them often -- especially while we were at Christmas Eve Mass.  I won't share their story here, but I hope they felt the spirit of Christ during this special season.  May God continue to wrap His arms around them and fill their hearts with peace, joy, and most of all -- love!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.