I have that catchy Disney's Fox and the Hound song stuck in my head, which is super queer because I'm fairy certain I was eight years old the last time I saw the movie...
But! The point is: I've actually really truly honestly totalllllly never seen two better friends than H and S, and I'm becoming OBSESSED with watching the love blossom between these two beautiful sisters!!! Every morning when Harper wakes up, she comes in our bedroom and nudges her way in between Scarlett and me [disclaimer: we don't co-sleep with 'da baby! But usually after the 6am-ish feeding, snuggle-bug Scarlett melts her tired momma's heart and easily earns herself an hour's worth of spoiling before Harper traipses in and our day officially begins]. As soon as Harper comes in, she always fingers through Scarlett's hair so gently and says, "Good morningggggg, Car-wettttt! How are you da-day, tweet heart? Did you sweep good for Mommy? Did you have a good night, Car-wett?" *swoon* *double swoon* *triple swoon*
[The respiratory junk continues to run thick around here [[pun intended, but seriously, ew gross]], and sweet Scarlett has gained permission to lounge around in her sleepers basicallllly all day every day. She does have a closet full of beautiful clothes, but I just want little sis to stay comfy while she sleeps off the snots and continues to recover!]
Lately, Harper has been stuck on this: "Car-wett is my best fren, Mommy! And
Daddy is your best fren!" ...And one time she exclaimed her most
brilliant idea to date: "Whenever I get older, I'm going to get married
to Car-wett and Mommy and Daddy!!!" Oh boy.
I rest a lot easier knowing that, no matter what happens to Brian or me, these two will always have each other!
Keep on keepin' on, you two! Your sweet love for each other has absolutely melted yo' mama's heart!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.