Sunday, October 15, 2017

- I wan' go hotel... '

I was cleaning up dinner the other night while Brian was washing Harper's curl mop in the kitchen sink. I glanced over and her head was all suds'ed up and she was smiling from ear to ear at the sight of her dad [the favorite parent, of course], and I said, "Harper, do you like living in this house with Mommy and Daddy?!" She immediately lost her smile and furrowed her eyebrows and said, "No. I wan' go hotel." 

...Word. 

Silverthorne in June!

Destin in September! 

...And Chicago last weekend! 

We aren't world travelers by any means; it's just the way the cookie crumbled. But it feels like we've been here, there, and everywhere over the past few months; and Harper's been LOVING each trip! Brian's cousin got married in Chicago last weekend, so a group of about thirty [?] family members rode the train up to the Windy City to celebrate the new nuptials! 

Harp's first choo-choo ride -- bright and early boarding time!
My parents were headed to a different wedding in Chicago [crazy coincidence!] so they joined the train-goers.  Harper flitted from seat to seat and had an absolute blast visiting all her grammys and papas and cousins and aunts and uncles! Occasionally she threw a bone of attention to her boring mom and dad... :)  Great Aunt Stephanie packed a whole SUITCASE full of snacks, so she was Harper's BFF for sure...
 Exploring the city:
 Then off to the wedding!
 The whole weekend went by so fast!
Not sure when the next roadtrip/vacation will be [...nothing on the books currently], but I'm thinking with the holidays and baby coming, Harper will have to be satisfied with just living in our house for a long while!!! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.