Saturday, March 11, 2017

- Chinese meets V-Day -

I never pen posts at nighttime after Harper goes to bed [usually because I fall halfway asleep whilst rocking her and then am just in a zombied-out daze until I eventually coax my groom to bed a couple hours later]...........but tonight for dinner we had the WORST WORST WORST Chinese carryout ever and I'm scared that I'll die in my sleep after ingesting it soooo I'mma just prolong the inevitable and throw down a few final thoughts before I croak.  ...I've been sitting on the Valentine's Day photos for almosttt a month now, and I will never forgive myself if I die before sharing the heart holiday love. <3 <3

...I'll get back to V-Day in a second...but first can we just talk about that carryout food again real quick?

We realized on the way out of Mass that we didn't have any food to cook at home, so I twisted Brian's arm [not too hard] for just ONE small order of sesame chicken and rice + a side order of crab rangoon. We haven't ordered Chinese since before Harper could eat solid foods [soooo it's been a hot minute - AKA like over a year and a half], but tonight seemed like the perfect night to break Paleo and dive back in to sodium/carb/gluten heaven. [We've only been doing Paleo since breakfast time this morning ...but I did have a small cheat at lunch.]  So anyway, I won the rock/paper/scissors contest and Brian traipsed off into the hole-in-the-wall "restaurant" to get the food.  Five minutes later he came out and set the bag on my lap.  Three seconds later we both noticed a very potent burnt rubber-type smell ...and one millisecond later we had all the windows down in the car and were hanging our heads out and gasping for air.

The next mistake was not dropping the grease-soaked bag in the trash dumpster on the way into the house.

But no.

We brought it in because we were starving.  The taste was only slightly better than the smell; Harper took one look at it and pushed her plate across the table while her [not so smart] parents continued to nibble on grizzly chicken soaked in burnt grease.  As soon as "dinner" was finished, we scraped off the leftovers into their original containers, wrapped the containers in three layers of plastic grocery bag, and escorted the grocery bags to the garage dumpster.

...And to top it off, I've been diffusing the strongest "bad-smell-eliminating" essential oils for THREE HOURS now and the house still smells like a car screeching its tires on the Autobahn.

SH*T BE SO NASTYYYY.

Brian called dibs on the master bathroom several hours ago, which usually is a pretty frightening declaration that lets me know it's only safe to breathe in the guest bathroom for the next three days; but I can't say in this circumstance that I'm expecting it to come out smelling that much worse than it went in.

Moral of the story: never ever ever everrrrrr go to Orient Wok Chop Suey!!! 

Now! On to my last plethora of photo-posting before that sesame chicken does me in...

On to Valentine's Day!

We may or may not've gone a little/lot overboard this year with Valentin-ing...
But in the end it was all worth it, because everyone loved their hand-crafted love from sweet Harper!!
We took a pile of Valentines + Minnie Mouse pretzel packs to Harper's daycare classroom; she got to pass them out to all her friends and take part in the Valentine's Day party, too! I loved watching her interact with all her friends and have so much fun in her classroom!  And thennnnn [dun dun dun...] I felt like the worst momma in the history of bad mommas when it was time to leave and she cried....... :/
...Apparently going for long walks in the park and taking selfies witch-o mama is not even a CLOSE second runner-up to being at daycare...
^^When your Valentine just isn't feelin' the love... 

She got over it rull fast when we pulled up to the house and there was a bag of heart cookies and toys waiting on the doorstep! [Thanks, Jill!] Then she marched right down the street to give her friend [future boyfriend?] his homemade gift:
And lastly but very not leastly, Daddy took us on an Orange Leaf date after dinner!  #eatthelove #allthefeels #icecreamisthewaytoawomansheart
[[^^Harper hates selfies. She is not her mother's daughter.]]

It's 10:36 in the pee to the emm ... plus add in that deadly "spring ahead" daylight savings time and THAT makes it 11:36 [which is soooo ridiculously far past my bedtime] so! That's all, folks! I'm signing off for now and probably for forever... #revengeofthesesamechicken

...But for real...Brian just said he's so happy Harper's party is tomorrow afternoon so that if we both die overnight at least someone will be at the house tomorrow afternoon to rescue her from her crib.

Ciao now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.