Tuesday, November 8, 2016

- Beauty and the Beast -

Is anyone else as shocked as I am that this trick-or-treating extravaganza went off without a hitch?!? I mean, we'd been plotting and sewing and practicing trying on the yellow dress [which was NOT a hit at first...] for months ...and holy schmolyyyy, I'm just so happy it all fell into place like it did! 

I went out on a very [emphasis on very] thin limb in creating this Beast cape "from scratch" [my sewing capabilities mainly equal fleece burp cloths and ...more burp cloths]; so good thing this project was 1) just for a dog with low-to-no expectations and 2) entertaining for my assistant! 
[Yes, I realize that sequin border should've been hand sewn, buuuuut ain't nobody got time for 'dat.]

Finally Halloween-time came, and it turns out this Beauty is pretty dang fond of her [uncle's] Beast!
There wasn't much time [or energy or daylight] to snap any photos of the duo on the arrival night since Blake and Sarge rolled into town after 11pm, so we recreated the scene and re-donned the costumes a few days later. :) 

Harper, a golf ball for you. Sarge, some bacon for you. Now both of you behave, face the front, and smile for the camera! 

Happy Halloween from Beauty and the Beast!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.