Sunday, April 21, 2013

- "See ya later," St. VdP! -

Sum-It-Up Sunday

I've always hated saying goodbye.  

In college, I was notorious for hiding out in the student center's coffee shop at the end of every semester. [Oopsie.] I didn't like saying goodbye to the great friends who had become my family. It killed me slowly to see people separate with tears and watch everyone roll out of the dorms with their suitcases. So I escaped it.

Because after all, it was never really "goodbye;" it was just "see you next semester!"

[Yes, that's totally a true story. And my friends started to catch on by sophomore year and always knew where to find me if they really wanted to say goodbye before summer break. Humph.]

I still hate saying goodbye. 

Last weekend, I said "goodbye" to a parish who has nurtured me and loved me and grown me for the past four years. I started song leading at this parish on Saturday afternoons during my junior year of college as a side job [a little extra cash never hurt a college student!]. And honestly, I had no clue how much I would become attached to them and their mission. Four years later, it's not at all considered just a "side job." With moving soon, Brian and I decided it was time to settle down and join a parish in our new hometown; and unfortunately, this means letting go of St. Vincent de Paul. I will miss this awesome parish and loving parishioners a lot!  *sniff sniff* 

Fr. Ed, Dennis, Earle, and St. Vincent parishioners: I love you so very much and will always keep you close to my heart and high in my prayers! After lots of hugs and sad goodbyes [there was no coffee shop to escape to this time...], I promised I'd be back. Whether I'm a song leading sub or just a regular 'ole person in the congregation, there will be no quitting cold turkey at this place! :) 

Because after all, it isn't really "goodbye;" it's just "see ya later!" 



Other week highlights:

-- Brian's niece Chrissy made her confirmation this weekend! We celebrated afterwards with dinner at his parents' house. 

-- When all else fails, we go to Fast Eddies! :) Brian's friends from work met here Friday night for food and drinks. Fun times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.